Off-Grid Industrial Energy Storage
The most efficient and cost-effective solutions for off-grid integration of renewable energy and diesel generators
FREQCON IES Off-Grid Applications
FREQCON IES allows the storage of unstable electrical energy during wind and photovoltaic power generation and supplies this energy when it is needed. The energy storage system can work off-grid, providing a stable and uninterrupted supply of island grids, without the danger of black-outs and brown-outs.
The system provides integration of different types of wind turbines such as direct drive, medium speed and high speed with different generator types. The power of the installed turbines can even exceed the nominal power of the island grid system.
Furthermore, our application supports the integration of different types of solar panels, and provides individual MPPT (maximum power point tracking).
The integration of standard diesel generators or hydro power systems is also possible, if required.
FREQCON IES Design Features
FREQCON IES is based on our field proven Next Generation Converter (NGC) technology. More than 10 GW installed converter systems, field experience for 20 years, have proven the high reliability of our design. NGC´s outstanding power quality (THD<2%) and low EME design was certified for many applications. All components are sourced from well-known industrial brands with world wide availability.
- Equipped with a wide range of battery types (LiFePO4, LiFePO4yt, LiS, sodium-nickel) or optional with double layer capacitors
- Active balancing
- Optimizes charging efficiency (4% better than by passive balancing)
- Optimizes battery capacity (8% better than by passive balancing)
- Increases maximum cycle capability (15 % better than passive balancing)
- High dynamic response of active and reactive power, harmonic compensation
Industrial high speed communication device monitors more than 32,000 single battery cells, life time data of cells recorded for more than 20 years
- 100 Mbit data interface for all major data interfaces like Modbus DNP3, Ethercat, Profibus, CAN and for all major communication standards like
IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5-10X, IEC 61400-25
Easy to use web based HMI and alarm functions using SMS, Mail, and smart phone
- Cold climate (down to -40°C) and hot climate (up to 50°C) versions
Designed to meet CE, UL, CSA, EN 62477 standards IEC 62477-1, Low-Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC,EMC Directive 2004/108/EC, IEC 60204-1,IEC 60146-1-1
- Modular and compact design, module sizes from 0.5 up to 3 MW
Low operational costs