On-Grid Industrial Energy Storage
The most efficient and cost-effective solutions for renewable energy storage, peak-power shaving, frequency regulation and even more applications
FREQCON IES On-Grid Applications
FREQCON IES On-Grid systems allow the storage of unstable electric energy during wind and photovoltaic power generation and supply this energy when it is needed. Our energy storage systems can work grid connected to smooth the power output of renewable power plants or as base load power supply to the public grid.
The systems can work as stable voltage source within island grid installations to integrate renewable energy sources and diesel generation without the danger of black-outs or brown-outs.
FREQCON IES can be used for peak power shaving to reduce energy costs for commercial applications. Energy costs for industrial consumers strongly depend on their peak power demand. Just use FREQCON IES to cut these high peak demands and pay less for your energy.
The system is also able to provide frequency stabilization of the public grid. To compensate fluctuations of power consumption and production in the grid, balancing power is needed. The system therefore provides balancing power as source and also as consumer. At the same time, the reactive power capability makes it useful for voltage control applications.
Other applications the system is used for:
Energy smoothing in order to benefit from energy price fluctuations.
Harmonic compensation to improve the grid voltage quality.
Backup power supply during grid blackouts.
FREQCON IES Design Features
FREQCON IES is based on our field proven Next Generation Converter (NGC) technology. More than 10 GW installed converter systems, field experience for 20 years, have proven the high reliability of our design. NGC´s outstanding power quality (THD<2%) and low EME design was certified for many applications. All components are sourced from well-known industrial brands with world wide availability.
- Equipped with a wide range of battery types (LiFePO4, LiFePO4yt, LiS, sodium-nickel) or optional with double layer capacitors
- Active balancing
- Optimizes charging efficiency (4% better than by passive balancing)
- Optimizes battery capacity (8% better than by passive balancing)
- Increases maximum cycle capability (15 % better than passive balancing)
- High dynamic response of active and reactive power, harmonic compensation
- LVRT to zero grid voltage level and HVRT up tp 25% above nominal voltage
Industrial high speed communication device monitors more than 32,000 single battery cells, life time data of cells recorded for more than 20 years
- 100 Mbit data interface for all major data interfaces like Modbus DNP3, Ethercat, Profibus, CAN and for all major communication standards like
IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5-10X, IEC 61400-25
Easy to use web based HMI and alarm functions using SMS, Mail, and smart phone
- Cold climate (down to -40°C) and hot climate (up to 50°C) versions
Designed to meet CE, UL, CSA, EN 62477 standards IEC 62477-1, Low-Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC,EMC Directive 2004/108/EC, IEC 60204-1,IEC 60146-1-1
- Modular and compact design, module sizes from 0.5 up to 3 MW
Low operational costs